MtXinu 386 BSD distribution

Jay Vassos-Libove libove at libove.det.dec.com
Thu Jan 17 02:33:36 AEST 1991

Here is the information that I got back from MtXinu when I mailed to
them about their 386 BSD product.

Thank you for your request for more information on our new Mach for 386
binary product.  Below you will find some general information about the
product with additional information to follow in the mail.

-The base package includes the Mach 2.5 kernel, 4.3 BSD interface, GNU
 utilities from the Free Software Foundation, and online reference manuals
 for Mach and 4.3 BSD

-Three optional modules available:

  Networking
  (NFS and TCP/IP networking from the Berkeley Tahoe release)

  The X Window System Version 11, Release 4
  (Currently, you must have a VGA or VGA-compatible monitor to run X.)

  Complete online documentation
  (Includes system management documentation, supplementary 4.3 programmer's
  and user's documentation, and supplementary Mach documentation)

-Runs on most of the common AT-bus IBM PC's and compatibles such as Compaq,
 Intel and Hewlett-Packard

-Special pricing available until 2/15/91 with payment at time of order

Special Pricing-----------                 Regular Pricing-----------

Base Package     $ 995                     Base Package     $1395
Networking       $ 195                     Networking       $ 249
X Windows        $ 195                     X Windows        $ 249
On-line Docs     $ 149                     On-line Docs     $ 195

Complete         $1395                     Complete         $1995

-Memory Requirements

 For the complete system, 100 megabytes of disk and 8 megabytes of memory.
 For the base system, a minimum of 40 megabytes of disk and 4 megabytes of
 memory.

-Hardware Requirements

 You must have an 80387 ro 80287 floating point processor chip.

-Supported Devices

  EGA, VGA, CGA and monochrome displays
  Toshiba and Toshiba-compatible floppy drives and controllers
  WD 1007 compatible disk controllers (ESDL or ST506 hard disk drives and
    controllers)
  Wangtek 1/4" standard 3M streamer
  i8250-based serial controllers (DOS COM1 lines)
  iMX-LAN/586 Ethernet board or Olivetti P 586
  3COM 3C501 & 3C502 Ethernet controller
  WD8003E Ethernet controller Serial mice (Mouse Systems, SummaMouse, Logitek;
    but not MicroSoft mice)

*Please note that we do not support the microchannel bus, IBM PS2, some NCR
 machines, or SCSI disks and tapes.  We are, however, considering new devices,
 so let us know your interests!

Additional information and an order form will be in the mail to you before the
end of January.  If you have any further questions in the mean time please
feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Dan Potapshyn
mt Xinu
2560 Ninth Street
Berkeley, CA  94710
(415) 644-0146 (voice)
(415) 644-2680 (fax)
dan at mtixnu.com

Jay Vassos-Libove                  libove at libove.det.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation      decwrl!libove.det.dec.com!libove
Detroit ACT/Ultrix Resource Center Opinions? They're mine, mine, all mine!
Farmington Hills, Michigan         and D.E.C. Can't have 'em!