Lan Manager/X

Darrell Starnes darrells at cpqhou.uucp
Thu Jan 31 00:37:10 AEST 1991

in article <martino.665054129 at krypton>, martino at logitek.co.uk (Martin O'Nions) says:

> jim at tiamat.fsc.com (Jim O'Connor) writes:
>
>>There has been some talk recently of DOS/Unix networking products, and
>>someone mentioned LM/X.  We have HP's LM/X running on an HP 9000 model
>>800 machine, but I'd love to be able to use an SCO Unix 386 or SCO Xenix
>>386 machine as an LM/X server, also.  Is there an LM/X server product available
>>for either of these systems, and who supplies it?
>
>>Thanks for any info.
>
>>--jim
>>-------------
>>James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
>>Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		615/821-4022 x. 651

SCO announced Lan Manager for UNIX at UNIFORUM in Dallas last week. We
actually showed it in our booth running on a dual processor 386/33
SYSTEMPRO. It is supported on the SVR3.2 UNIX. It is due to ship
in March. If you have any questions, contact SCO.

Darrell Starnes
Systems Engineer
Compaq Computer Corporation
Houston, TX