g++ compilation success

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.cactus.org
Wed Jan 30 14:20:37 AEST 1991

In <27a50b6b.5f2c at petunia.CalPoly.EDU>, aschaffe at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
	(on the Holodeck) wrote:

> I'm looking for someone who has successfully compiled g++ for ISC 2.2 - I
> haven't had any luck (well, I haven't had enough time to fool with it)

I have successfully gotten COFF g++ to work.  I am about to work on
encapsulated COFF.  This was a beta version of g++.  I don't want to
post patches until g++ 1.39 is released (very soon).  I will mail
them, but be prepared to spend some time merging them into g++ 1.37.1.

Warning: the SysVr3 linker appears very buggy.  I am having a lot of
trouble with ld(1) dumping core trying to handle the libg++ test
suite.  Encapsulated COFF may be the only practical way to use g++.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james at bigtex.cactus.org   "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Co    9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759         512-338-8789