Fix for GCC/G++ 1.37 -fpcc-struct-return under SCO UNIX

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Thu Jan 3 14:03:57 AEST 1991

In article <278233F9.F7F at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>At least under SCO UNIX, the system C compiler doesn't work that way.

Which C compiler?  msc and rcc both handle such functions differently.
For a function called test, taking three parameters (int, char, int), and
returning a structure, msc passed in 16 bytes, and got rid of 16 bytes after
the call; rcc passed in 16 bytes, but only got rid of 12 bytes afterwards.
*sigh*

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."