Recommendations for fixed-disk SCSI Controllers

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sat Jan 5 05:09:19 AEST 1991

DeadHead at cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) writes:

>The Interactive Release Notes for 2.2 says on page 19 that on machines
>with SCSI primary adaptors and multipe SCSI fixed disks doing very heavy
>disk I/O, the kernel may panic or the system may hang. Has anybody
>experienced this problem with Future Domain or Adaptec host adaptors?

No, not here on nstar.rn.com - we run on a 386/33 with 12 megs of RAM.
On a friends machine (486/33) he has had this problem - but it has
since been corrected in 2.21 which was released last month.

  {..!uunet!mailrus!iuvax!ndcheg!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)