ISC 2.2 q/ TCP 1.2.0 questions/problems

Brad Isley bgi at stiatl.UUCP
Thu Jan 24 03:19:01 AEST 1991

larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:

>bgi at stiatl.UUCP (Brad Isley) writes:

>>I'm building smail 3.1.19 for ISC 2.2 right now.  I'll keep you posted on
>>my progress.  Porting to this OS is NOT trivial.

>Hmm?  I have smail3 from uunet (even though it says smail3.19 is
>is actually smail3.18) and it compiles fine (no porting required)
>under Interactive Unix..

>As a matter of fact, I've installed it on 3 different machines - without
>the need to change a single line of code..

What I was referring to was getting the Bezerkely/SYSV mixture configured.
All the default setups work fine.  If you want to use Bezerkely features
under SYSV you have to go mangle the config stuff down in os/config.  For
the folks like us who aren't very familiar with sendmail and network jargon
it's not trivial.

Like I said, it's not trivial.   But it's not really difficult, either.
The problem was the time wasted just figuring out what had to be done to
get it past the compiler the way you want it built.  I haven't done any
testing on what I was able to compile, but I did get SMTP support compiled.

Cheers!
--
-----------------------------\      / ..and Apple thought GUI was theirs!.. \
 bgi at stiatl.uucp 841-4169      \---| Yer local zymurgist & Amiga hacker/user |