'386 Unix Wars

mike at bria.UUCP mike at bria.UUCP
Tue Jan 15 00:00:51 AEST 1991

In article <97 at comix.UUCP> comix.UUCP!jeffl (Jeff Liebermann) writes:
:(IMHO), I think that the reason it's not being done is that no
:other company is doing it.  No one (I've talked to) seems to
:want to risk their job on an untried idea or considers it
:sufficiently important to supply with their products.
:Hypertext and context sensitive help is all over the DOS
:and MacOS world, but not in UnixLand.  So I leave it to the
:smaller companies to impliment so the industry leaders can
:clone in safety.

Uhh, what about AIX 3.1 "Golden" InfoExplorer that does provide manual
references, on-line text, context sensitive searching and hypertext links?
(And that's just the half of it ...)
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike