Connecting a Terminal -- HOW ???

Geraldo Veiga ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 22 18:49:04 AEST 1991

I am trying to connect a terminal to one of the serial ports of a PC
running ISC 2.2.  Can anyone that has done it give some hints of how to
go about it?

Here is where I am at:

I can dial out through modem, connect  directly (serial to serial)
from the PC to another UNIX machine.  I've been using kermit and pcomm
to do it, using /dev/tty0N devices.  For some reason, I can't get
anything working in the opposite direction.  I tried a variety of
combinations setting tty00 as "incoming" and "bidirectional" from
sysadm.

Thanks in advance.