ESIX compress(1) broken (was: Re: Using Interactive TPWB...)

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.uucp
Tue Jan 15 04:45:42 AEST 1991

In article <52718 at bigtex.cactus.org> james at bigtex.cactus.org (James Van Artsdalen) writes:
>In <1991Jan9.211306.25217 at everex.uucp>, jde at everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) wrote:
>> I don't what should be a standard for unix compress but AT&T with the 4.0
>> source did not support the -d option also. I guess something will have to
>> change, AT&T or these public domain programs.
>
>If by 4.0 you mean SysVr4, my /usr/bin/compress does support the -d
>option...

Well you are right.... in the upcomming Esix SysVr4 compress has only docs
and usage for "usage : compress [-fvc] [-b maxbits] [file ....]" but when
you try compress -d it does a uncomress to stdout.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V  UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705