Configuring Printer in ESIX V.3.2

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Sat Jun 29 12:04:38 AEST 1991

I'm having some trouble getting a printer properly set up with
lpadmin on my new ESIX V.3.2, Rev. D.  The OS is new but the printer
is an old, old Silver Reed EXP 500 daisy wheel printer, which
emulates the Diablo 630 series.  It is on the parallel port.

Here is the output of lpstat:

printer letter is idle. enabled since Sun Jun  9 14:36:32 1991. available.
	Form mounted:
	Content types: simple
	Printer type: dumb
	Connection: direct
	Interface: /usr/spool/lp/model/autocr
	On fault: no alert
	After fault: continue
	Users allowed:
		(all)
	Forms allowed:
		(none)
	Banner not required
	Character sets:
		(none)
	Default pitch:
	Default page size: 80 wide
	Default port settings: onlcr tabs

The current set up is working well except for one rather important
thing:  It doesn't seem to know about tabs.  When it prints a
document with tabs, it sends the print wheel all the way to the
right-hand side of the printer where it bangs away at one spot,
all the time ringing the printer's bell.

I've tried different combinations of 'onlcr' '-onlcr' 'tabs' and
'-tabs' and nothing seems to change this.

Thank you for your help.
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Tim Evans	2201 Brookhaven Ct, Fallston, MD 21047