SCO C++? Not a chance.

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat Jun 8 16:48:04 AEST 1991

In article <284E3C3B.1846 at tct.com> chip at tct.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>Why *buy* when you can *get*?
>I have yet to see one good reason not to use GNU G++.  (We do.)

To be compatible with system-supplied or third-party C++ libraries, which
will have their names mangled in the way cfront likes, but not g++.  To be
compatible with what AT&T says is Proper, which is not necessarily what the
g++ folks think is Proper (and with good reason, too, most of the time 8-)).
To get a compiler that is supported by a pretty good bunch of folks (the
people at SCO Canada [pka HCR] are bright, and there are more of them
working on the devsys than there were of us [when I was at SCO]).  (Hmm...
g++ is also supported by a *very* bright bunch of people; however, their
goals are not necessarily to support SCO *nix.  SCOCan's is.)

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."