Getty for ISC/Telebit T-2500 w/autobaud via the CONNECT msg?

Dave McLane davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jun 21 20:42:59 AEST 1991

mcr at Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca (Michael Richardson) writes:

>   Hmm. This is a problem in my opinion. Users should be taught to use
> more or pg. What really annoys me is when I type:
> % l /etc | more

Perhaps you aren't aware of how what telco charges are in Japan.
Aegis is in Kyoto where local dial (standard all over Japan) is
only 3.3 yen/min (US$0.24/min) but many people call in from other
nearby places like Osaka and Kobe where it starts running something
like 50 yen/min (US$.35). Not many people read online after the
first month and the phone bill comes in....

Dave

--
Dave McLane <davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp>