ISC X11

Louis Marco wrat at unisql.UUCP
Thu Jun 20 01:22:35 AEST 1991

	I posted a question about using ISC X11.  I'm getting lots of
"I do it all the time" ' s.  Maybe my question wasn't clear, because *I*
don't see how it's possible at all :-)

	I am working on a Sun.  I want to rlogin to a 386 and run, say,
xsol.  When I open my window && get logged in, if DISPLAY is set to
unix:0 I this:

XIO:  fatal IO error 77 on X server "??": Not a data message
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

      If I set display to "rambler:0" - rambler is my workstation - I get:

Client is not authorized to connect to Server

     The 386 knows about rambler; rlogin, etc. works just fine.

     I tried playing with the permissions stuff ISC provides via sysadm,
to no avail.  I looked at configuring a new display, also via sysadm, but
they provide a limited and mandatory selection of hardware they will allow
you to configure for, and it's all PC stuff.  My feeling is that what I'm
trying to do, i.e., treat the 386 like it was any other box hanging of my
Ethernet and run x* on it and have it talk to the display on my Sun is
not possible, since it seems to require a different server for each
hardware configuration and Sun is not one of those offered.

	Do y'all _really_ "do it all the time" ??? :-)

							W.rat