/dev/sdsid

Tom Reingold tr at samadams.princeton.edu
Fri Jun 28 09:15:16 AEST 1991

I had trouble compiling a kernel because some header files were
missing.  So I took out the references to a device called /dev/sdsid.
I thought this might be safe since my other 386 UNIX system doesn't
have this device driver.  Well, so far everything is fine without this
device!  What is it for?  I assume it comes with some add-on package.

This is an AT&T 6386WGS PC running AT&T System V Release 3.2.
--
        Tom Reingold
        tr at samadams.princeton.edu  OR  ...!princeton!samadams!tr