Roell's X11R4 link problems

David Van Beveren dvb at emisle.uucp
Mon Jun 17 07:44:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun15.155549.26115 at uunet.uu.net> karln!karln at uunet.uu.net () writes:

>   When compiling/linking any simple X program (xconq, xsperm) I
>get link errors:
>
>	cannot find:
>	ptsname		(/usr/lib/libX11.a) first referenced.
>
>	plus two others that have "pt" in them, such as unlockpt
>	or something.
 [rest deleted...]

This is the second posting of this question this week. Does that make it
'Frequently Asked'?

On ISC (2.0.2 for me), when running X386 (1.1a for me), I need to link in
libinet.a to get the Socket API and -lpt to get the clone devices (for lack
of a better term) API.

In summary: Use the following link libraries in all X programs that use X386
(aka Roell X11R4):

  -lX11 -linet -lpt

Note that the -linet and -lpt must come AFTER -lX11, which of course should
come after -lXm, -lolgx, -lXt or other associated libs.

--
David Van Beveren                           INTERNET: emisle!dvb at ism.isc.com
EIS ltd. Professional Software Services     UUCP:   ..uunet!emisle!dvb