Suggestions for 386SX/SVR4 platform

John Limpert johnl at n3dmc.svr.md.us
Sat Jun 1 21:14:46 AEST 1991

m1rcd00 at fed.FRB.GOV (Bob Drzyzgula) writes:
>We're a SPARC shop, but are looking to put together a
>couple of inexpensive 386SX boxes to run SVR4 and do uucp
>and SLIP communications.

I would suggest that you look at 386DX 33 MHz motherboards.
Nothing wrong with the 386SX, that is what I run my UNIX
system on.  While looking at clone parts at a Hamfest last
week I found that most of the clone dealers were selling
386DX 33 MHz motherboards with 64K cache for $500-$600.
The boards were expandable to 32M with 4M SIMMs.

--
John A. Limpert		The strongest reason for the people to retain the right
johnl at n3dmc.svr.md.us	to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect