Santa Cruz Operation settles Lotus lawsuit

Doug Merritt doug at netcom.COM
Tue Jun 25 14:21:21 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun24.074048.8539 at ITcorp.com> geoff at ITcorp.com (Geoff Kuenning) writes:
>name of the program "PIP".  On the other hand, CP/M is *very* similar
>to RT-11;  it's quite clear that Kildall had been using RT-11 shortly
>before he wrote CP/M and borrowed a number of ideas from that system.

That doesn't say much for RT-11!         ;-)

I did like PIP, though, even coming *from* a UNIX background originally
(about the *only* thing that I could say something good about...)
The idea of being able to apply wildcards to "not-yet-existing files" is
a nice one, which unfortunately doesn't fit the otherwise-powerful Unix
paradigm for wildcards. I can't say that DOS has really taken off and run
with that 1975 idea, though. (sigh)

Digression? What digression?
	Doug
--
Doug Merritt				doug at netcom.com (apple!netcom!doug)
	-or-  sun.com!jfrank!doug	-or-  doug at eris.berkeley.edu
Professional Wild-eyed Visionary	Member, Crusaders for a Better Tomorrow