SWAPBLOCKS FSSIZE and UFSBLOCKS

john.urban urban at cbnewsl.att.com
Wed Jun 5 22:50:54 AEST 1991

A friend of mine has a 150 Meg cartridge tape with some kind of backup on
it.  We can successfully dd(1) the whole tape to a file.  However we can't
find and kind of restore command that can make sense of the backup.

Looking at the tape with od(1) -c it has ...

The Date of the Backup
SWAPBLOCKS 12880 FSSIZE 601240 UFSBLOCKS 0

We think the tape was made on an Altos machine (80386 version - maybe)
and we're trying to 'restore' the tape on a AT&T 6386/25 WGS running
UNIX System V/386 Release 4.0 Version 2.1

So if anyone knows what command made this backup tape or what command
writes this type of headers on the tape, please let me know.

Sincerely,

John Ben Urban