Getty for ISC/Telebit T-2500 w/autobaud via the CONNECT msg?

Albert Langer cmf851 at anu.oz.au
Sat Jun 22 03:29:26 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun20.171902.23267 at Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca>
mcr at Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca (Michael Richardson) writes:

>The "Telebit" streams module knows how to do things with Telebits on
>the other end of the line. (you could probably get away with a generic
>'Hayes' module, I don't know yet)

Go for it. I'm not sure whether it should be viewed as a streams
module or as a sort of Media Access component of the data link
layer but it's about time everything to do with handling modems
was put in once place (with configuration files for the particular
hardware etc) so that higher layers of software just tell it what
phone number they want to connect to or accept a connection from it.

--
Opinions disclaimed (Authoritative answer from opinion server)
Header reply address wrong. Use cmf851 at csc2.anu.edu.au