Default umask of 077 on SCO Sys V 3.2 and how to change

Geoff Coleman geoff at ugc.uucp
Sat Jun 8 15:14:07 AEST 1991

Help
	I have run into a problem with the default umask on SCO
Unix 3.2 being set to 077 rather than the more common 022. Is there
any way to change the sytem wide default for this.
	The problem I'm having is that files created via BWNFS all
pick up this umask and we want to share files among dos users.

BWNF stands for (Beame and Whiteside NFS for PC's) their "net prot"
is being overwritten by the system default on the SCO box (it works
fine on a SUN 4.1.1 system).

I tried changing CMASK in the config file but this seemed to have no
effect on the default umask.

Thanks for any help

Geoff Coleman

e-mail: geoff at edm.uucp