More than 32 serial ports on one board

Darryl P. Wagoner darryl at lemuria.MV.COM
Thu Jun 20 09:03:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun13.144732.18366 at ecf.toronto.edu> steve at ecf.toronto.edu (Steve Kotsopoulos) writes:
>In article <28561A25.44D1 at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>>I have an application where I need to install 48, possibly more, serial
>>ports on an ESIX R4 machine. Presently we are looking at the schemes
>>that have one to four lines coming out of the AT-bus card, each running
>>to a multiplexer block with 8-24 ports. At least eight ports require
>>full modem control with hardware handshake, and I need to use RJ-45
>>connectors in order to reducde wiring headaches.
>>
>>The boards being considered are:
>>Equinox Megaplex;
>>Corollory 8x4;
>>Digiboard Digichannel PC/16.
>
>You may want to check out the Consensys Powerports/HD.
>They have an ad on page 26 of the May 13 Unix Today. Call their 1-800 number.
>--

Be careful of Consensys.  I couldn't get the powerport 8 to work on
ISC 2.2.  I didn't think much of there tech support either, all they
could do was bad mouth our hardware and OS.  For what my company spent
on me trying to get this board to work they could have bought 10
Comtrol boards.  Oh well it is their money.

Comtrol on the other hand worked very well.

--
Darryl Wagoner		darryl at lemuria.MV.COM or uunet!virgin!lemuria!darryl
12 Oak Hill Road