ST2383N and ESIX

Michael Hoffos mikeh at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri Jun 21 04:59:45 AEST 1991

I have had an interesting experience over the last 2 days: I was trying to
get ESIX to add an ST2383N connected to a 1542B.  It is the only device on
the Adaptec, and ESIX can't make any file systems other than one great
huge one on it.  Tech support says it is likely a timing problem.

Has anyone out there tried to connect up a 2383N under ESIX?  Did it work?
How/why?

If no-one else has tried, then I guess the conclusion is that you can't use
a 2383N with the 1542B under ESIX.

(For what it is worth, the exact problem is that /etc/ffs/newfs can't
open device /dev/rdsk/c1d0s1, which would be the first partition on the
drive.  mkpart worked though ...).

Mike Hoffos