SCO unix and Adaptec SCSI vs. ESDI

At these prices, I can't NAME names adam at ucscg.UCSC.EDU
Wed Jun 19 14:06:59 AEST 1991

	I am running SCO 3.2v2 and an adaptec scsi controller.
Everything works great, but I have noticed other machines running
sco on ESDI drives seem much faster. Is this because ESDI is that
much faster? I thought that SCSI should be faster.

	In any event, I heard that there is a configuration program
that will put the adaptec controller into a different 'state' that
is faster than the default factory configuration. Does anyone have
any information on this?

thanks!