Screen colors & terminfo trivia

Rick Richardson rick at digibd.com
Wed Jun 5 09:23:48 AEST 1991

>In article <7667 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> rbraun at spdcc.COM (Rich Braun) writes:
>>I want this thing to be portable across Unix platforms, and am
>>therefore using terminfo routine calls.

You can do colors with SVR3.2 and later ETI (was curses).  The
code is source code portable across various 386 SVR3.2's, but not
binary portable, unless you are willing to tolerate arbitrary
changes to the color scheme.

This is because SCO changed the COLOR_XXX #define values from the
*documented* set in the ETI Programmers Guide to a set that matches
some ISO color numbering scheme.  This also means that terminfo entries
for color terminals are different for SCO.

-Rick
Rick Richardson		Email: rick at digibd.com
Senior MTS		Fax: (612) 943-0803
DigiBoard, Inc.		Tel: (612) 943-5383