SCO 3.2.2 and STB ERGO Video Problems

terry a jones jones at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Jun 21 03:53:57 AEST 1991

	We recently upgraded our machine at work running SCO to 3.2.2 of
the OS.  Now we are having trouble with the video as soon as the machine
boots Unix.  The card we are using is an STB Powergraph ERGO.  The STB
worked fine under SCO 3.2.0.  What happens now is that the machine boots,
we see the normal BIOS banners, as well as the "loading .text...." and
up into random hash.  I assume that SCO is changing the video mode right
before it displays the configuration information during the boot sequence.
The other video card that we had, an Everex Viewpoint, works fine under
both 3.2.0 and 3.2.2, but we would rather use the STB since it is
considerably faster and will do 1024x768 in 256 color.  Changing the video
config through 'sysadmsh' did not cure the problem, nor did twiddling jumper
config on the STB.  STB says it is undoubtedly a driver problem in SCO but
did offer to send out the latest BIOS PROMs.

	Any pointers?

	Thanks,
	Terry

Terry Jones   				{rutgers,uunet}!acsu.buffalo.edu!jones
SUNY at Buffalo ECE Dept.	  or: rutgers!ub!jones, jones at acsu.buffalo.edu