SCO Unix and AMI Mark-II 386-33 motherboard

IT Manager jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Tue Jun 4 10:53:46 AEST 1991

I'm having a little trouble, and maybe someone can help.

The configuration that works is:
AMI Mark-II 386-33 motherboard, with 8MB RAM on motherboard (reported
	as 8064K by both the BIOS and boot messages)
SCO Unix 386 Release 3.2v2.0 (no SLS's added to system)

A little while ago, I added 4MB RAM to the system using the add-on
memory board that works with the motherboard.  The new RAM was recognized
by the BIOS during system start-up, and the total matched what the manual
said should have been reported (11904K).

BUT,

when I got to the Boot: prompt, the

hd(40)unix

message would appear, and then the system would reset and begin the boot
cycle all over again.  If I type "dos" at the Boot: prompt, DOS would
come up OK.

Is there any reason SCO Unix should not be booting when going from
8064K to 11904K?  I'll run a more thorough RAM test tomorrow, but my
guess is that the RAM is OK.  But, I wouldn't expect SCO Unix to flake
out either.

HELP!!!!!
James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		615/821-4022 x. 651