UHC, Esix, ISC, SCO, which ?

Richard Griffiths richard at xanth.b11.ingr.com
Sat Jun 1 00:34:43 AEST 1991

In article <1424 at necis.UUCP>, jjp at necis.UUCP (Jeff Phillips) writes:
|> In article <1260 at cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au> nigel at cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au (Nigel Harwood) writes:
|>    > [...]
|>    >I have been looking for a 386 system to run UNIX on and thought that
|>    >the hardest decision would be the hardware, silly me, it turned out
|>    >to be to operating system.
|>    > [...]
|>    >So I have sort of decided on Esix and have found an Australian
|>    >distributor for it (have not for the other two).
|>    >
|>    >Can anyone enlighten me to any major differences [...]
|> I'm not sure about this, but I thought that ESIX only ran on Everex platforms.
|> If so, you're constrained to one hardware vendor.  Does anybody know if this
|> is true?

ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE!  You may be hard pressed to find someone running ESIX on an Everex platform.  I use a noname 386 clone and have never had any complaints with ESIX.

--
Richard A. Griffiths              ...uunet!ingr!b11!xanth!richard   (UUCP)
Intergraph Corp.                  richard at b11.ingr.com          (Internet)