semop strangeness

Leonard John Schultz ls1i+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 21 09:03:48 AEST 1991

When I execute semop and the process blocks due to the semaphore operation and
I receive a signal, the block is always stopped.  This does not seem correct to
me.  Even when the flags are set to SA_RESTART, the wait on the semaphore is
never continued.  Is this a bug or a feature?

If I am waiting on a semaphore, I do not want to break out whenever I recieve
a signal.  I know it is possible to catch the reason why it broke out and then
restart the semop, but that seems like a kludge.

Do you understand my complaint?  If not, I can supplya simple example that
shows the bug.
Len Schultz