xinit question on UHC SVR4

Douglas Anson danson at udel.edu
Fri Jun 21 03:27:15 AEST 1991

Hello!

I have been trying to run tvtwm on my UHC SVR4 platform and have discovered
an interesting thing about xinit (that was included in the UHC distribution)
.  Seems that xinit spawns a login window when invoked.  However, there is no
request in my .xinitrc file for any xterms to be fired up. I also run xinit
at work on a sun sparc (MIT distribution) and xinit DOES NOT spawn any login
window (or any I can tell) when invoked.

Is this login window on UHC a 'normal' thing for init?  If at all possible I
would like to disable the creation of the login window.

Any hints/comments would be GREATLY appreceated as I do not have the complete
documentation from UHC (expensive!!)

Thanks in advance!
doug anson
danson at udel.edu