xterm dies on ISC2.2 with "no more processes"

rfp rfp at uucs1.UUCP
Sat Jun 22 21:48:00 AEST 1991

In article <559 at jahangir.UUCP> marc at jahangir.UUCP (Marc Rossner) writes:
>We are running ISC2.2 with 2.2.1 fixes on a Northgate 486 with X11/1.2
>and the X server will occasionally die with the error:
>
>"xterm:  Error 50, errno 11: No more processes"

We have seen the same problem on a generic 25Mhz 386 system with an
Adaptec SCSI controller, Paradise 8514, etc.  I can reliably reproduce
it by pulling up an xterm from our ISC/386 system, displaying on an
X server on another system, an then ignoring it.  After a while, it
will croak as above.

--
Roger F. Powell
UUCS inc.   Phoenix, Az