GNU Emacs 18.57 source and binary archived on iabi for SVR4

Andy Crump andyc at bucky.intel.com
Thu Jun 13 21:09:45 AEST 1991

I have archived both source and binary on iabi (128.215.19.51) for
SVR4 and the Intel386(tm) microprocessor.  You may anonymously ftp it.

There are two files:

	pub/gnu/gemacs/1857.bin.tar.Z
	pub/gnu/gemacs/1857.src.tar.Z

The *.bin.* file is a compressed tar file of a binary version of GNU
Emacs 18.57 that runs on SVR4.0.3.  In fact, it should run on any SVR4
system for the Intel386 microprocessor.  It is intended to be
installed in /usr/gnu/... since gemacs must be configured to know
where its *.el, info, and doc files are.

The *.src.* file is a compressed tar file with the source
pre-configured for SVR4.  If you do not like installing gemacs in
/usr/gnu/..., then you can just change it in the Makefile in
dist-18.57 and re-make.  DO NOT HAVE /usr/ucb BEFORE /usr/bin IN
YOUR PATH!

Enjoy

*Intel386 is a trademark of Intel Corporation.

--

    -- Andy Crump

    ...!tektronix!reed!littlei!andyc | andyc at littlei.intel.com
    ...!uunet!littlei!andyc          | andyc at littlei.uu.net

Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed here are my own and
            not representive of Intel Corportation.