Looking for configuration help ISC/386 in SF

Dag Erik Lindberg del at fnx.UUCP
Wed Jun 26 13:54:35 AEST 1991

I have a client located in San Francisco having trouble with an ISC
system on a 33 Mhz 386.  The system has never been configured
correctly, meaning mostly that the tape drive doesn't work and the
serial ports don't seem to be able to be configured to answer and
dial out on the same line.  I have tried to work through the problem
over the phone, but have been unable to accomplish much using remote
eyes and fingers.  (Both serial ports and the tape drive pass
diagnostics run from DOS).

As I live in Washington, and the client is in San Francisco, it is sort
of inconvenient for me to zip over there and fix them up.  What I am
looking for is someone familiar with ISC and 386 systems willing to
spend a day making it all work.

The system is a 33Mhz 386 with 8M ram, an Archive 60M cartridge drive
the two basic serial ports (one of which is attached to a USR HST)
and a Computone serial card.  My personal feeling is that there must
be a driver or interrupt conflict somewhere.

I would like to refer my client to someone in the Bay area that can
really handle the job.  Any suggestions?

--
del AKA Erik Lindberg                             uunet!pilchuck!fnx!del
                          Who is John Galt?