Is anyone here running LynxOS?

James A. Mullens mullens at jamsun.ic.ornl.gov
Sat Jun 29 01:53:30 AEST 1991

LynxOS is a Unix-like system with real-time extensions.  I don't
care much about the real-time capabilities (right now) but I am
interested in experiences with compatibility with other Unix versions
on the level of source code (compiling free software), and executables
(running commercial products).

I cohort has pulled it off of his machine (doesn't know Unix, never
tried to do anything beyond talking to a data acquisition board) and
I need to decide whether to grab it or hold out for a more popular
implementation.  My main interest in running free software development
tools, but I also need a C++ compiler.  They have their supported
versions of some of the GNU stuff, but I don't know what it took to
port them...

If you've used it please pass along some comments.  Thanks!

--
jim mullens
oak ridge national laboratory