SCO Unix 3.2 & MS-DOS HD Partitions?

Dave Egan - N6XVZ at dhw68k.cts.com
Mon Jun 24 15:44:14 AEST 1991

A friend of mine owns SCO Unix 3.2 and says that for him to boot MS-DOS,
he must boot from a floppy.  Now, I have worked with XENIX and know that
the machines we had allowed you to pick the OS to boot with.  This was
achieved by typing DOS at boot time to boot the DOS partition, or CRLF to
default to XENIX.

My question is, why can't my friend boot DOS from his hard disk?  Is it
related to the order that the operating systems are loaded?  I realize that
FDISK (MS-DOS) changes the active partition, but I sense there's a smoother
way of accomplishing this, such as XENIX does.

Thanks,

--
Dave Egan                                           | Radio: N6XVZ
      uucp: ...{spsd,zardoz,felix}!dhw68k!daveegan  |