SCO Lyrix messes up console for RealWorld

Jay Ts jay at metran.UUCP
Sun Jun 2 18:10:21 AEST 1991

I have a client running ESIX System V release D.  They migrated there
from Xenix 286.  On Xenix 286, they were running SCO Lyrix and RealWorld
Accounting Software with no problems.

I moved Lyrix and RealWorld over to UNIX for them, and they ran fine
until they upgraded to the UNIX version of RealWorld (release 5.01).

Now, Lyrix and RealWorld will not work together.  After exiting Lyrix
and starting RealWorld, the screen display is messed up, somewhat as
if the terminfo were set to the wrong terminal.  I checked, and this
is not the case.

Also, the ALT-Fn switching to virtual consoles is disabled.  These problems
happen only on the console; none of the 7 Wyse 60 terminals on the system
are affected.

Further analysis found that even if the user logs out and back in again,
the problem is still there, even if Lyrix is not run.  The only fix found
so far is to shutdown the system, which is almost never convenient...

To me, this indicates a bug in the ESIX console driver.  I tried installing
the console driver bug fix that I downloaded from the ESIX BBS, but it did
not help.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Any suggestions?

- Jay Ts, Director
Metran Technology
uunet!pdn!tscs!metran!jay