AT&T clean UNIX

Danny Boulet dab at ubitrex.mb.ca
Fri Jun 28 00:36:17 AEST 1991

While reading my latest UNIX World last night, I noticed a small article
in the Newsbytes section that told of a company (Berkeley something or other)
which is hoping to have a clone of BSD UNIX ready for shipping in September.
The article claimed that the clone would not have any AT&T code in it.
This would allow them to sell the system (including full source) for an
introductory price of $995 (later to rise to $1,995).  Their first target
architecture will be the Intel 386/486 family.

Does anybody know anything additional information about this product?
Specifically:

	- what C compiler will it include?  GNU?
	- will it include X-windows?
	- what might be missing?  Sockets?  Networking?  Fortran?  DBX?
	- how stable is the company?
	- how stable is the product (must be getting close if they plan
	  to ship something in September)?
	- what are they going to call it (UNIX is TM by AT&T)?

-Danny