FAS 2.09 PROBLEMS

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Fri Jun 28 08:36:11 AEST 1991

bill at unixland.natick.ma.us (Bill Heiser) writes:
>I installed FAS209 a couple of days ago, and ahve been experiencing
>problems.  Out-dialing seems to work OK most of the time, although
>I've experienced a number of "lost line" messages from UUCP.
>
>Inbound calls seem to be experiencing difficulties -- now when someone
>calls in via uucp, for example, a couple of login banners appear, and
>then a string of bell characters (control-G's).  Then it just hangs
>and times out.
>
>This is on ESIX Rev D.  FAS 2.08 seemed to be pretty much OK except
>for the bugs described in the 2.09 fix-sheet (hanging kernel when killing
>hung processes, messages about too many interrupts, etc).
>
>I don't have 16550's yet, they're 16450's or something like that.

I doubt it's the driver.  I have FAS 2.09 running under ISC 2.0.2 with a
DigiBoard PC/4 and a IDE-I/O card.  Six ports total, five of them are
NS16550AN chips.  Unfortunately, COM1 on the IDE-I/O is soldered in with
a 16450.  :(

And yes, FAS will work with a dumb Digiboard, you just need to make a minor
change to space.c.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | MS-DOS???
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | I don't think so!  (*BOP*)
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | Homey don't play dat!
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca