More than 32 serial ports on one board

Dave Rand dlr at daver.bungi.com
Sat Jun 22 05:06:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun19.230325.5869 at lemuria.MV.COM> darryl at lemuria.UUCP (Darryl P. Wagoner) writes:
>Be careful of Consensys.  I couldn't get the powerport 8 to work on
>ISC 2.2.  I didn't think much of there tech support either, all they
>could do was bad mouth our hardware and OS.

For what it is worth, I'm running a powerport 8 on ISC 2.2 (on a compaq
systempro). It is great! With 5 19.2K (4 telebits and a direct link) running,
I see a system load of a few percent (<5), and a user load of 10-20%. Heaps
of idle time. Amazingly easy install, trivial to configure, and works well
without having to reboot every other day. It is also the cheapest multiport
board (>4 ports). I have nothing but good things to say about the company -
delivery was on time, worked right out of the box (no jumpers to change,
nothing to fiddle with to make it work). The documentation is sparse but
adequate. I have not had time to check the powerprint feature, but it
sounds like they did that exactly right too.

All in all, a well done product in my opinion. I have no connection to the
company other than being a very satisfied customer.
--
Dave Rand
{pyramid|mips|bct|vsi1}!daver!dlr	Internet: dlr at daver.bungi.com