vi and rlogin

Robert B. Harmon x4964 rharmon at srg
Thu Jun 6 09:34:42 AEST 1991

In article <852 at tiamat.fsc.com> jim at tiamat.fsc.com ( IT Manager) writes:

>>  I remember seeing something about this once, so I checked the FAQ and
>>  it wasn't there, so I'll ask again.
>>
>>  When using "vi" under SCO Unix (or Xenix) after making a "rlogin"
>>  connection (i.e. the SCO box is the remote machine), using the arrow
>>  keys is a pain.  I know that running "stty min 3 time 10" helps
>>  make the problem go away, but I can't figure out how to get "vi" to
>>  honor the changes.

I believe rlogin eats ESCs so arrow keys (instead of klhj) will not
work.

The telnet command implements a virtual terminal protocol and
arrow keys will work.

Perhaps this should be a FAQ is probably is already somewhere.

:) :) Of course emacs doesn't have this problem :) :)
--
rharmon at srg.UUCP              |
Bob Harmon @ Arinc Research   |