STREAMS programming question, Data Link layer

Michael Haberler mah at wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Jun 9 10:28:48 AEST 1991

I'm trying to find out how to access the minor number returned by
a clone open call of a STREAMS device driver. In particular, I've gone
through the ATT SV/386 3.2 STREAMS programmers guide and made a kernel
with the loopback example driver.

This is a clonable driver, and it's properly called with the CLONEOPEN
flag. It also allocates a unused minor number.

There's no user-level example which shows how to get at the minor number.

I tried fstat() on the open file, but that gives me the same minor number
on two different clone opens. What's the canonical way to do this?

thanks for any hint,

-michael

Michael Haberler 		mah at wu-wien.ac.at,  mah at awiwuw11.bitnet
University of Economics and Business Administration
A-1090 Vienna, Augasse 2-6	    Biz:    +43 (1) 31336 x4796 Fax: 347-555
Home: +43 (1) 961-679 (voice & fax) D-Netz: +43 (663) 811-056