ISC 3.2/harddisk & floppy problems

karln at uunet.uu.net karln at uunet.uu.net
Tue Jun 18 00:09:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun15.161431.395 at jwt.UUCP> john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>In article <1991Jun14.153823.23334 at uunet.uu.net> karln at karln.UUCP () writes:
>[ Putting the VGA BIOS in 8-bit mode hurt X performance; shadowing the BIOS
>  brought performance back up. ]
>
>I don't see how anything to do with the VGA BIOS or shadow RAM could affect
>your UNIX performance.
>--

	I do not see how it would make any _noticeable_ difference for
UNIX either. The statement was 'X' performance, as in x11perf.

	With the VGA BIOS non shadowed/in 8 bit mode, I was getting
~20,000 -dot per second. With the VGA BIOS shadowed or in 16 bit mode
I am getting ~50,000 -dots per second.

	Hope this helps :-)

					Karl.