Roell's X11R4 link problems

Jay Logue jay at retix.retix.com
Wed Jun 19 09:15:03 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun15.155549.26115 at uunet.uu.net> karln!karln at uunet.uu.net () writes:
>	Greetings All,
>
>   I am having a bit of a problem with my newly installed
>X11R4 from Mr. Roell. I've install gcc-1.39 as well as
>that seems to be a requirement for writing X programs with
>this X11R4 implimentation.
>
>   When compiling/linking any simple X program (xconq, xsperm) I
>get link errors:
>
>	cannot find:
>	ptsname		(/usr/lib/libX11.a) first referenced.
>
>	plus two others that have "pt" in them, such as unlockpt
>	or something. Sorry I'm not as specific as I should be.
>
>As fas as I can tell, it has something to do with STREAMS. I un-installed
>and re-installed STREAMS, but to no avail.

Do you have -lpt on the link line?

>| Karl Nicholas             | A million monkeys in a million years    |
>| karln!karln at uunet.uu.net  | did write Shakespear, we evolved ...    |

Jay Logue

INGREDIENTS: Jay Logue's personal opinions, cute signature,
physical/electronic addresses, and one or more of the following used
as a filler: assorted quotations, extraneous punctuation, white-space.

CONTAINS NO OFFICIAL EMPLOYER OPINIONS OR POSITIONS.

Not to be taken internally.  If accidentally injested, flush with
generous quantities of Jose Quervo Gold and consult your nearest
bartender immediately.
Retix

USMail: 2644 30th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405-3009 U.S.A
   Tel:	(213) 399-1611
   Fax:	(213) 458-2685
 Telex: 4944307
E-mail:	jay at retix.retix.com
 X.400:	C=US;ADMD=TELEMAIL;PRMD=RETIX;O=OSI ONE;S=LOGUE;G=JAY