MFM/RLL Disk Driver for ISC or ESIX?

David Dawes dawes at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU
Wed Jun 12 20:34:27 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun11.121605.11455 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>mdm at cocktrice.uucp writes:
>>Does anyone have a disk driver which would provide support for MFM/RLL drives
>>attached to a second controller? I have spare equipment available which would
>>be nice to use.
>>
>>Thank you for any information.
>
>The driver should work as is under ESIX.
                                    ^^^^

How?  I've looked at the entries in the kernel config files, and tried
adding an entry for the second controller to /etc/conf/sdevice.d/hd, but
when I run idbuild, it says "Only one specification of device 'hd'
allowed".

If its possible to use a second MFM controller with Esix I'd like to know
how to do it --- I have a second controller I modified when I was using
a Xenix system.

David