Problems with Logitech mouse and X386

Petri Tuomola ptuomola at clinet.fi
Sat Jun 22 00:13:34 AEST 1991

I have installed X386 to my system and everything works fine except one
IMPORTANT thing: the mouse doesn't work. The mouse pointer moves randomly
when I move the mouse and sometimes it doesn't move at all. Pressing buttons
have no effect.

My system's configuration is

386/33 w/cache
ET4000 SuperVGA
Logitech Serial mouse

I have set the mouse correctly to /usr/lib/X11/X386/Xconfig ("Logitech
/dev/tty00") and the X386 doesn't give any errors. I have tried the mouse
both with and without the FAS serial IO-driver (2.08.00). My operating
system is ISC 2.0.2.

Any help about this problem is very welcome. The X386 is great software,
and I would like to use it.