Automatic bad sector mapping (was: Re: Mapping abs sector ...)

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sat Jun 8 00:38:56 AEST 1991

In article <767 at dumbcat.sf.ca.us> marc at dumbcat.sf.ca.us (Marco S Hyman) writes:
>I haven't found this in TFM yet -- perhaps the net can help.  Given an error
>message that says something like "SCSI absolute sector 1234 on drive 1 is bad"

Which of the 386 UNIXes do automatic bad sector mapping?  I know that
ESIX does, and ISC 2.0.2 does not.  What about the newer ISCs, AT&T,
SCO, and the various SVR4 implementations?  This is a *really* nice
feature, in my opinion.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)