Problem: Roell X386 CNTL key w/xterm and XView

Pete Ikusz pete at introl.uucp
Tue Jun 18 04:56:25 AEST 1991

I am having a problem with Mr. Roell's patches to the MIT X11R4 X server. (1.1.b)
I have compiled the his update for X11 running under SVR4 (UHC).

-For some reason when trying to bring up the XTERM sub-windows
 (CNTL-Mouse button for fonts, etc...) nothing happens. (On the local X server)
 Actually, the XTERM acts as if the CNTL button is not even pressed, it is
 in that "text grabbing" mode.
-The xterm seems to respond properly on another server. Therefore, I don't think
 it is a problem with my xterm.

I tried to use the XMON program to debug this problem but the
same X requests were sent to the XTERM by both tested servers. IE: there was
a keypress generated by each server and a key release.

Note: This server needs to be running in unix queue mode. If that can be a cause
      of the problem.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Lastly, I have compiled XView w/o Mr. Roell's patches (just using the
SVR4 definition "built in"), clock works fine, but any test windows
which can be typed in (at least similar to the textedit style winodw)
seem to put the server in a nasty state when one tries to type in them.
IE: The server is still running, sometimes the mouse moves, but no buttons
have effect/ no keyboard either. By killing the XV client that was running,
the server shuts down and must be restarted. Should I have compiled it
in a different manner, say BSD'ished or is there another solution.
Note: Occasionally illegal X requests get sent but they don't harm the server.
      I do not know if this is normal.

Any information will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks... Pete

Vielen dank Herr Roell fuer das neue 1.1.b X386.
(The ?!?!? unix queue mode stuff was driving me nuts)
Pete Ikusz	Introl Corporation	pete at introl.uucp