Problems with network commands under ODT-VIEW

T. Kim Nguyen knguyen at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Jun 6 02:10:21 AEST 1991

Actually it's not that hard to configure the kernel parameters -- just
boost things by about 50% to start with.  If you find your system
slowing down and churning and thrashing enormously, then you know you
pumped the params too high.  :-)  You can also just run sysadmsh to
set these kernel params.  When I was getting Sybase to work on our
machine I had to ignore a lot of warnings I was getting from the
configuration program, but the machine still works fine now (some of
those warning messages sounded pretty ominous).

	Kim