Switching VTs on Interactive UNIX

Martin Weitzel martin at mwtech.UUCP
Fri Jun 21 23:35:33 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun18.221620.6574 at bronson.uucp> tan at bronson.uucp (Tan Bronson) writes:
[about a program that enables VT-switching with a single keystroke]
>	The bad news is that after this program is run, switching to/from
>    a VT running X can wedge the keyboard, rendering it useless for X.
>    Sometimes switching back and forth can fix the X server, ...

I've always been able to fix the X server when this occured by switching
back and forth when the mouse-cursor is *within* an xterm-window.

Further it seems the wedged keyboard is more likely to occur when
you use the ALT-F-VT-switching and the mouse-cursor is *outside* an
xterm-window (though I've not been able to reproduce it 100%, there
seems something more to be involved).
--
Martin Weitzel, email: martin at mwtech.UUCP, voice: 49-(0)6151-6 56 83