Other user's crontab (was: Re: SCO License security - another flame)

Barnacle Wes wes at harem.clydeunix.com
Wed Jun 5 09:52:16 AEST 1991

In article <1991May21.172622.5358 at logixwi.uucp>, jpm at logixwi.uucp (Jan-Piet Mens) writes:
> 	BTW, the FM says you should insert the names of all users allowed to
> 	use crontab in /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow.  1 per line ;-)

Try logging in as "news", edit a crontab, and then use the crontab
command to submit the crontab to the system for user "news".  As
mentioned above, news should be listed in /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow.
What do you mean your news account is set NoLogin?  :-)

I suspect su will work for what you want if you "su - news", unless this
is another problem with the SCO "secure su" command.  This should
certainly work under good ol' insecure :-) Esix and Interactive; it
works like a charm on my Sys V/AT.

	Wes Peters
--
#include <std/disclaimer.h>                               The worst day sailing
My opinions, your screen.                                   is much better than