PL/I compiler

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Wed Jun 12 04:36:26 AEST 1991

>From article <60LR3ND at math.fu-berlin.de>, by dww at math.fu-berlin.de (Debora Weber-Wulff):
>
> PL/I? On an MS-DOS or CP/M (!!!) platform with close to full
> implementation?
>
> email: weberwu at inf.fu-berlin.de, dww at math.fu-berlin.de

Actually, "Control Program for Microcomputers" (CP/M) was created to serve
as an O/S base for "Programming Language for Microcomputers" (PL/M).
[ Where PL/M is a subset of PL/I - not "close to full implementation" ].

However, CP/M became popular in its own right as a stand-alone operating system.

So the thought of running PL/M on CP/M isn't as far fetched as one would think.

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,UnixPC/3B1